Paper is a perfect material for crafting. First of all, this way of crafting is perfect for families with little kids, because it’s not messy, secondly, it’s absolutely safe, thirdly, it will cost you nothing. Everyone has a lot of paper at home but few of us know that paper is a source of never-ending fun and creativity. DIY Paper crafts helps to develop fine motor skills, creativity, and imagination! Watch the video below and see yourself if you don’t believe me.
Step 1: Video Tutorial (for a Better Understanding of the Project)
For some people it’s easier to watch a video than following step by step photos.
So if you are one of them I hope that this video will help you !
Step 2: Gather Your Tools and Supplies
Tools you’ll need:
Step 3: Preparing the Pieces for the Cover
Step 4: Preparing the Pieces for the Inside of the Notebook
Using some solid colored paper cut 20 – 25 rectangles ( 2″ 3/4 X 2″ ) and another rectangle ( 4″ 1/4 X 2″ 3/4 )
Step 5: Making the Cover
- Using PVA glue stick the cardboard rectangles on the design paper rectangle leaving an eight of an inch between them.
- Cut the corners of the design paper.
- Fold and stick the sides.
- Stick the colored rectangle ( 4″ 1/4 X 2″ 3/4 ) on top of it.
- With a bone folder score between the cardboard rectangles.
- Fold it along the lines.
Step 6: Making the Pages
- Align all the pages and hold them together using a paper clip.
- On one of the long sides apply a generous layer of PVA glue.
- Let it dry for about 5 minutes until the glue become transparent.
Step 7: Assembling the Notebook
- While the pages are drying, create a small ribbon loop and stick it on the inside of the cover.
- Now, stick the pages.
Step 8: Decorating It!
- Using some adhesive tape stick a strip of ribbon on the bottom of the notebook.
- Now, add a decorative button.
- Lastly, add some nice paper butterflies.
Step 9: That’s It!
Now you know how to make this cute little gems 😀 Write me your comments about this project and if it helped you in any way please vote for me in the Pocket – Sized and the Trash to Treasure contests!
Thanks you 🙂
Thanks you 🙂